I got confused by this one because I received it during SXSW…
…while at one of the evening soirees. So not only did the very first line quasi-apply to me at that time, but I might have been a little intoxicated, and thus there was a serious moment of “oh, crap.”
Hi Liz! I hope traveling is going well. Here is a list of the questions that will be asked on Wednesday night:
1. your name, names and ages of kids
2. what country and/or group are you from?
3. what is the main holiday that you celebrate that is different from the mainstream american holidays? and how do you celebrate it?
4. what do moms from your culture like to do with their children? crafts, games or activities?
5. what is one difference between your culture and the american culture?
6. what is one similarity?
The snack you bring will only need to be a small one-bite “taste” of your culture for the other moms to pass around during the meeting. There are usually 20-30 moms there.
I am so excited that you will be there!
My exact thought process was as follows: “What small one-bite ‘taste’ would represent my culture? (Grilled cheese on white bread?) Where am I going to get 20-30 small bites to represent a taste of my ‘culture’?
“And oh, um, I’m going to need multiple kids.”